I have tested a small upgrade of XULRunner (the internal browser used for XPiNC applications) and successfully changed the version from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 in DDE 8.5.3 and 9.0.
Version 22.214.171.124 was released on 15.10.2010 Release Notes for Firefox 3.6.10
Version 126.96.36.199 was released on 13.03.2012 Release Notes for Firefox 3.6.28
To do this by your own you have process the following steps:
- Close Notes and Designer completly
- Download the package for your platform from mozilla.org
- Extract the ZIP file
- Open the folder <NOTES>\framework\rcp\eclipse\plugins
- Open the folder com.ibm.rcp.xulrunner.runtime.win32.x86_188.8.131.5210915-1350 [The name of the folder depends on your DDE]
- Rename the folder xulrunner to xulrunner_bak (if you have problems with DDE you can switch back later by renaming the folder)
- Copy the xulrunner folder from the downloaded ZIP into this folder
- Restart Notes
P.S. Keep in mind that this article has been posted in the “Quick-n-Dirty” category.